Monday, September 22, 2014

R.I.P Glasses

The weekend was wonderful and relaxing even with the rivalry game this weekend. For college football fans out there, if you live in a "divided house" you know my pain. Rocket Dad loves Alabama...and I am a lifelong Florida fan. When they play each other we sit on opposite sides of the room and just try not to be too obnoxious to each other. 

Florida lost. Cue shame and plenty of ragging from the hubs. Sigh.

This weekend Rocket Baby also broke my glasses. My only pair of glasses...with no back up contacts. So today I got to wait 45 minutes in the eye glasses shop with Rocket Boy and Baby. At the end of all that..."No, we can't fix them here. The new frames will be here in a week." So...I am rocking the Harry Potter tape on my glasses for a week or so and dealing with uncomfortable pressure points. 

Surprisingly, RB did pretty well in the store for that long. We did hear, "waiting is hard" about 300 times, but that is one of his new phrases. Once he gets a phrase stuck in his head it is like a broken record in the right situations - and waiting is one of those times. Apparently, Daniel Tiger taught him this one. 



Thanks Daniel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment