Friday, September 26, 2014

Fine Motor Work...For Mommy Too

Confession - I love Target. Like, a lot. 

It's my happy place, what can I say? 

Around the major holidays Target carries great little craft kits - and many of them don't need any glue or extra supplies. The best part - most of them are under $5. Score! 

So we grabbed a couple of kits last weekend, but didn't get around to doing them all. The one he was looking forward to the most was this little guy below.


Now I am a HUGE lover of owls - seriously my house looks like an aviary - so I was excited he picked this one over the fox. I also saw a great opportunity for some fine motor work. You see, you have to remove all these little tiny glitter foam circles from the sticky pads, then put them on the little circle outlines in the correct color-coded areas. So you get fine motor work, color practice, and hopefully a little quiet time for everyone too.

Or not.

The circles didn't come off the foam pad very well and Rocket Boy was getting too frustrated trying to peel the thin paper off the back of each circle. So I got to sit on the floor next to him and take the paper off each one and line them up for him.

While I didn't get to finish putting away dishes, I did get to have some time with Rocket Boy and talk about how the little circles were all waiting in line to be put on the picture and couldn't jump out of line. We also talked a lot about glitter because he takes after me and loves glitter.

While he doesn't always do well with back and forth conversation, he does always love a good sticker session - especially with glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment