Thursday, September 18, 2014

Out Into the Interwebs - An Introduction

Hello Blogosphere, Interwebs, and Others -

I won't spend too long on a huge introduction, hopefully we can get to know each other through many more posts. For now I will say that I am a mother - a mother to two boys, but one of whom will be the "subject" here. We shall call him "Rocket Boy" or RB for short.

Rocket Boy started out life in the normal fashion...wonderful birth, wonderful breastfeeding relationship, pretty wonderful babyhood. He is now three and a bit. Rocket Boy is truly an amazing little guy but lately we have been getting more and more worried about RB. And mama has been getting more and more worn out and frazzled.

The title of this blog and Rocket Boy's name come from the feeling I have about my little guy. Sometimes I get the feeling that Rocket Boy is "on another planet" - I can't reach him, and he can't reach me. Other days he is very present and we are on the same planet. As I write and work through all this (more to come on what "all this" is), that feeling is what I come back too. I come back to it each and every day and it keeps me up most nights.

Starting tomorrow we are going to work towards finding solutions - solutions to get me to his planet or bring him closer to mine. Maybe somehow we can meet in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment