Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Valentine's Gift Underway!

Rocket Boy has only seen Big Hero 6 one time, but he is pretty obsessed with Baymax. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of four year old friendly merch out there yet (ever?! Maybe when it comes out on bluray there will be more). 

He has a hard, armored Baymax to play with, but he wants a plush as well. I'm not willing to shell out $25 for one, so I decided to make one!

I crochet, and many people have probably seen amigurumi before - crochet figures. I found a free pattern for Baymax. It's about half done! 




I don't have safety eyes so I found some buttons. They weren't black (how do I not have any black buttons or beads?). So I painted them black with nail polish and made his adorable face. 

I can't wait to finish him up, and then I can start on a present for Rocket Baby. I'm excited to be making something handmade for their valentines presents. And this week I need to start on the valentines for Rockets class too! Crafty fun to come in another post, I'm sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment