Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy Birthday Rocket Boy!

I am planning out some new great posts, but I wanted to sneak in a quick celebration post. 

Rocket Boy turned four just a few days ago. 

Honestly, I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday I held him in my arms for the first time, little 6lb peanut he was. I couldn't help but watch the clock in the night before his birthday and on the day of thinking, "This is when I woke up in labor," or "I was in the birthing tub right about now," and "This was the moment we first held you." I suppose every mother thinks these sort of things as her children grow. 

We had a low key day with Rocket Boy, since his birthday is just a few short days after the craziness of Christmas. We will have a party in a couple of weeks, but we all need some detox from the holidays. He spent the day playing with the million new toys (mainly Duplo sets, which he loves!). He decided on his favorite Mexican restaurant for his birthday dinner and ate like a horse. I can't get him to eat dinner at home, but if we go out for Mexican he eats like a starved man. 

During dinner he spotted another little boy at the table next to us. He was playing with a plane (R.B. loves the movie Planes) and R.B commented on it as we ate. As the family got up to leave the boy lingered near our table waiting for everyone to get on coats and hats. Rocket Boy tried his very best to have a conversation with the boy. He even gave out his full name and followed the normal flow of trying to start a conversation - something we have worked on so hard. I could not have been prouder of that little interaction. 

Of course Rocket Boy wasn't phased by his progress, he just wanted his ice cream. 

It is hard to watch him grow and change, but at the same time it makes my heart just burst with pride and love. This is a bit of a departure from the normal bits on the blog, but sometimes us mothers just have to wax poetic. 

Happy Birthday Rocket Boy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment