Thursday, October 23, 2014

Piles and Piles of Paperwork

Wonderful news in our journey - we got an appointment for autism evaluation. The child psychologist's office called me back and we have a spot for a 3 hour evaluation, on November 5th. There will be a parent interview, child interview, a play session, and then an evaluation with the occupational therapist to look at motor skills and sensory issues. Then the next week (on the 14th) I meet with the team to discuss the findings. That same day I will also meet with the school district team to discuss their findings.

So basically, the 14th is a pivotal day for our family.

I probably won't sleep between the 4th and the 14th.

In preparation for the evaluation they have sent ahead piles of paperwork and questionaires. The GARS-3, the BASC-2, a sensory evaluation sheet, an Autism checklist from another source, a checklist from our hospital system, and the normal intake papers. On top of that, I will by typing up documents to accompany several of the sections, since my comments and concerns won't fit in the little space provided. I am all about providing everything that might be needed and covering my bases before I am even asked. I also get flustered when something emotional is going on, and I don't want to forget anything.

Rocket Boy's behavior has been in a pretty downward spiral as of late. Yesterday, he tried to choke me...yeah. My three year old put his hands around my neck and squeezed and yelled. I have no idea where he got that from. We are very careful about what he sees on TV and he has never seen that kind of violence at home. Ever. That meltdown and aggression started when I asked him to stop running his car into my leg and he threw it at me. I took the car and the meltdown commenced. He finally passed out for a nap. I had to lay down and calm down...and just cry. Hearing my little boy yell "I don't like you!" and throw things and hit me and get so physical - no mother wants to experience that.

I hope that this evaluation leads to answers and help. Rocket Boy and I need tools to help him.

No comments:

Post a Comment